View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In June 17-23, 2007

Hi Everyone

It was a tough week for me..I threw my back out last Sunday at work, and I was in pain all week..I had a hard time straightening out after sitting/laying down..Thank God my girlfriend was here all week..I tried all the home remedies, and finally I decided to go to a Chiropractor on Friday..I didnt go to the guy I had seen a few years ago, because I think he knew I had either pd or something else and treated me for 8 months before he suggested that I see a Neurologist..He was kind of a fast talker and spent about 3 minutes with his patients..So on a reference from a couple of friends I went to see Dr Jim..He spent about a half an hour with me, and explained everything that he did, and after adjusting me he had me do some stretching excercises, because he says that it would improve my gait, and it did..He claims that because I have pd some of my muscles dont get proper use and they tighten up..My posture has improved 100%..Its as noticable to me as a sore thumb..I noticed that it was easier to get out of my truck when I got home..Anyway..I feel much better today, and Ive got 2 appointments with him next week, and now that my Medicare went into effect this month, it covers some of the tab..So I didnt get out in the boat this week at all, but didnt miss much because of that stalled front that brought Northeast winds all week..So from my prior experience with Chiropractic care..it is now apparent that pd causes bad posture, and Chiropractic care relieves some of the symptoms of pd, so Im going to stick with it

How was your week?