View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Englishdave, what are your eye problems? are they due to the neuropathy or unrelated? I haven't heard of anyone else on here describing eye issues that's why it scared me so much,.

Hey Canagirl,
In '13, on a rare occasion when I was driving myself back from radiotherapy, I was instantly struck with double vision. At 60mph everyone suddenly decided to drive on the right! After a rest, and by squinting through one eye, I managed to get home.

A year of tests, culminating in an MRI, shows a large, jagged lesion in the occipital region of my brain as the untreatable cause. Idiot Neuro could not tell me whether stroke, TIA or something else happened. I wait every day for another incident to rob me of another function.

Eye problems are one of the fastest causes of total life disruption. Driving - gone = no freedom. Reading, tv, computers all severely curtailed and modifications needed to participate. Hobbies like photography - impossible.

Cause is not as important as effect when we are discussing general living here. It's a hard road, which is why you need to take in Littlepaw's words. A similar journey from one who comes out fighting - with help - should give you a great boost.

Try not to let things overwhelm you, new symptoms will appear - some related, some not - our bodies love to break down like a car, once something goes it takes other seemingly unrelated parts with it. That is why Counselling/Therapy would be SO important for you to cope with all these issues.

I would also watch your Depression and self-esteem with your position at work. Ok, so it takes your mind off things and isn't strenuous, but crying in the bathroom is mentally shattering. Think about this.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-28-2015), Littlepaw (04-28-2015), Susanne C. (04-28-2015)