View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Laughter,

I know the "spider dance" well!! I have done that a time or two and not just for stuff pertaining to myself.....!!! Sometimes it makes the patient feel better to dance with them Sure wish it made the icky problem disappear though "-"

Okay so you still have some infection brewing there. It could be as simple as something close to the surface of the gum line like a piece of granulation tissue or a bony fragment that has worked its way up. But without a clinical and radio graphic evaluation, you cannot be sure of what it is.

So....... it would be wise to see oral surgeon #2 again. It's okay, I am dancing with you ~'.'~

Hopefully it is just a mild issue and once remedied the site will heal up well. Keep me posted.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughter222 View Post
Hello again, Bryanna!

I hope that life has been treating you well.

I would like to ask you about the extraction site that I had had debrided and biopsied roughly a month or so ago.

Over the last week, the tissue that's till in the healing process, began to sting. I gingerly peeked to see what was going on, and there appears to be more unhealthy granulated tissue present. It began bleeding so I just left it alone in order to let it heal up. It's roughly 1/3 of the size of the original tissue that had to be removed.

Yesterday, I felt what I thought was a loose piece of skin pressing against the side of my tongue at the extraction site. Once again, I carefully look in to see what the heck is going on, and it's the same area of tissue, but it was filled with pus. Just from the pressure of my opening my mouth, the thing opened up (and of course, that's when I did my infamous spider dance---which I use whenever something freaks me out). Since yesterday, it's still doing the same thing and there is also a small amount of blood that surfaces.

Bryanna, can you please explain what is going on---and why it's happening? Is this a common problem after having had the 2nd procedure to remove all the “bad stuff”? Is the presence of pus a sign that my body is trying to get rid of additional infection?

Lastly, I am now hesitant in going back to the same Oral Surgery Center where I had the original procedure with OS 1 and then the follow-up procedure with OS 2. What do you recommend that I do----go to see OS 2 (I will never go to see OS 1 again) or see a new OS who works with a new group of OS's?

As always, I appreciate your help, expertise and time. Thank You!!!

Laughter

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote