View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepolkadots View Post
That's so exciting!! What great news!

As vision is my biggest challenge I have a couple questions for you. Did you have headaches along with your vision troubles? Also- did the mental clarity return when you had better vision days?

Thanks and keep on those exercises. I'm up to about 30 minutes a day and it wipes me out!
Sorry for the late response. Sometimes I experience relatively mild headaches with my vision issues. However, it's mainly dizziness and extreme sensitivity to light, noise, movement and above all visual stimulation that plagues me the most.

Mental clarity and stamina definitely return on the days that my vision is better. It's pretty remarkable. Early last week I was able to work 4 and 5 hour days. I probably could have worked longer but I didn't want to push it. However, lately my issues have taken a turn for the worse. I basically haven't left the house since Saturday and am only starting to feel better.

I probably pushed it too much on Thursday. I was riding the exercise bike for an hour while watching hockey. I probably should have limited the bike ride to my usual 20 minute routine and turned the monitor off.

That being said, a year ago I would never have contemplated doing such a thing. So at least I am experiencing moments of progress.

I'm not sure what causes the visual issues to come back. Is it the climate, my diet, fatigue, periodic inflammation, or possibly a combination of multiple things?

I'm not sure if the vestibular exercises are helping me as much as I thought they were. At the very least they help guide my eyes and make me more cognizant of my issues.