View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ssanzari,

If your symptoms become worse or do not change for the better by the end of this week, then see him again.

In the meantime, to help relax your jaw muscle... only eat soft nutritious foods. Nothing chewy or sticky and nothing that requires you to open your mouth too widely. You can apply warm moist compresses to the side of your face covering from your jaw line to just above your ear. Moist heat is soothing, muscle relaxing and brings blood flowing freely to the area. Doing these things for the next few weeks can help the muscle to calm down.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanzari View Post
Hi Bryanna, thank you for your response! I had an oral surgeon remove the tooth, the same one who handled my wisdom teeth.

He didn't check for TMJ when I went back in yesterday to have him look at it. Should I schedule another follow up with him to take a look?

I've been feeling mostly ok today but within the last hour the pain has come back into my jaw and ear.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote