View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 03:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

What I am saying applies to me. I don't mean any offense to you or anyone else so I don't know how specific your situation is.

Basically, I was a disaster waiting to happen and it did. My luck. I was near asleep when my accident occurred so I couldn't protect my most critical area - the neck.

Next, a prominent PT says "accidents expose weaknesses in your body". I completely agree with this.

In my case, I was a classic case (still am) of overstressed movement muscles acting as stabilizers (my stabilizing muscles were weak to begin with) and a collection of issues. I am still figuring them out by reading.

When you have a weak core and improper upper body musculature, and the wrong overactive lower body musculature, you develop over stressed upper body muscles, forward head posture, and all sorts of movement dysfunctions which trundle along happily. Add sedentary habits (mine) and rapid activities (crazy stressful running around doesn't compensate). Computer work is the worst.

Bad posture is a result.

Now, along comes an accident and switches off a few of the critical muscles that are needed to maintain the above house of cards. Bang, everything collapses.

Add faulty breathing so that accessory muscles which were anyways near nerves become even more hypertonic.

Point is though that theoretically its all reversible, but you need to find/fund a 100 PTs each specializing in some different attribute and work your way through them. Suppose you learn deep breathing and can relax your accessory muscles like the scalenes. Suddenly they will disengage and things may be better.

I have read several reviews of Edgelows protocol which point this out.

The United States, Europe and Australia are the best in this regard. You have a plethora of options.

Highly educated PTs who know their stuff. They may not know everything. But each person you visit, learn from, will give you one more key to your puzzle and its possible that a year or two from now, your symptoms may be inconsequential.

That's the approach I'd follow in the US. I am amazed by the number of skilled professionals there.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenng (05-04-2015)