View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 06:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default do i have a TBI?

Hello,

I am a 31 year old man who has been in about 12 physical altercations in the past 16 years. All of them but two due to alcohol. 8 of them since I was 20. 4 of them in one year alone (at 24). the last one being a year ago, where I took about 5-6 punches to the head, then was kicked in the head (like a soccer ball) twice while down - that description fits most of these altercations - aka me getting my butt beat bad.
All-in-all, I've probably taken about 80 blows to my face/head. Some (brutally) harder than others. Never been knocked-out, but have been brought to the ground by repeated blows. I am sure I suffered a concussion in at least 6 of these altercations (but how can i be sure? i was always hungover too & was never seen by a medic).
Add to all of this damage the alcohol consumption (constant), & i feel I have cooked up a recipe for neurological disaster.
I find my thoughts are slower. I can't think on the spot as quickly as i used to. I am very random/veering-off in my thought patterns. Memory is foggy (actually long-term memory is fine, short-term memory is horrible). Concentration is off (find myself in a daze). My mood is often depressed, to the point of wanting to cry sometimes. Angry at the drop of a hat. Hate social situations (feel jealous/envious of those who are cognitively "with it" - have natural smarts/charisma). constant ringing in my ears & a feeling of a "heavy head" ---.
now i finally hear of this CTE and my heart is racing/no sleep. worried i have hit the big-time. i am at the perfect age for it to start (30's).
all of this because of alcohol. not like I was a UFC fighter/boxer (a reason, at least). it's horrible.
any thoughts?
is there a way to diagnose brain damage?
any ways to slow down degeneration (if it exists)?

thanks.
pete r. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote