View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Well that's good to hear that it actually reduced the number of twitches. All in all in took about a year to get 90% relief... oh my! How long were you on it before you noticed that your twitches started to reduce?
I've been on gabapentin since Feb 2014. The twitching didn't start to settle down until Oct/Nov 2014. Now I can say I hardly twitch at all. One twitch here and one twitch there. I'll take it.

I added nortriptyline in April or May 2014. I stopped it for several weeks this winter - specifically prior to my ENT appointment (it can mess up the ENTs testing). Then I decided to put it back in because I had felt significantly worse. My pain has been somewhat manageable and I have been very functional at work. I still get burning, facial pain, dizziness, tingling, the feeling the someone is gripping my spine or pushing a window screen into my back.....but all these symptoms are better controlled with my medication combo. And I can now be rational about what steps I'm going to take next to figure out what the heck is going on with my body.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-29-2015), Littlepaw (04-29-2015)