View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

pete r.

Welcome to NeuroTalk. The symptoms you mentioned all fit within the Post Concussion Syndrome realm. There is no way to accurately determine if they are the result of the beatings you have had but all the evidence points that way. Finding the cause is meaningless because only the symptoms can be treated, regardless of the cause.

Nobody has linked PCS with CTE directly so worrying about CTE is not warranted yet. Most who develop CTE manifest it in their late 30's to early 40's.

Either way, you can not change your past. You can only move forward. So,,,, how do you move forward. I think you know the biggest change you need to make. Regarding minimizing your symptoms and providing your brain the best opportunity to heal, I suggest you read the Vitamins sticky at the top. Brain healthy nutrition has helped many. Alcohol is considered a poison to injured brains.

If you have access to getting a Neuro Psychological Assessment done, it can help you understand your abilities and disabilities.

And, anxiety works against healing or improvement. Finding ways to resolve your anxieties and reduce stress will be beneficial.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote