View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Mr Outsider,

I am familiar with Dr Weston Price and his work regarding root canaled teeth and systemic health. As well as ... Dr. George Meinig (founder and chairman of the original Endodontic Society!) and author of the book entitled Root Canal Cover Up... physician Dr Joseph Issels,... Dr Hal Huggins ...Dr Thomas Rau... Dr Christopher Hussar .... Dr Robert Kulacz and Dr Tom Levy who co wrote The Roots of Disease Connecting Medicine to Dentistry, to name just a few. I am also well educated and extensively experienced in dental anatomy and physiology, chair side assisting in oral surgery, and root canal pathology.

Regarding the extraction of teeth, as with any surgery there can be post op complications. Sterilization, technique and skill of the surgeon, patients overall health, and the disease present in the surgical site/bone all play key roles in post operative healing.

I have provided you with comprehensible and irrefutable information about the anatomy of teeth and the jaw bone. How you choose to utilize it or not, that's up to you.

I wish you well and hope that you let us know how things go!
Bryanna

OTE=Mr_Outsider;1139147]Hi Bryanna
Thanks again for your reply here. I understand your point that just because something is commonplace it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the right thing to very well. However, by the same token, it doesn't necessarily mean it is the wrong thing to do either, and moreover I would take a very careful look at any theory which appears counter to such perceived wisdom.

From what I can see, your ideas are similar to those once formulated by Dr. Weston Price. I don't know too much about him but wikipedia (!) tells me that his theories have more or less been at the margins of dental science since the 1950s. Add to that the evidence, anecdotal but surely measurable to some degree, of the many millions of people worldwide who undergo 'successful' root canal treatment, and I am beginning to question further the notion that they do more harm than good.

As far as extraction goes, this is something which seems to be at the root (no pun intended) of many later complications with infection. Might it be possible that the real issue is imperfectly performed surgery, i.e. failing to properly eradicate the infection in either the tooth or socket (or both) in both extraction and root canal procedures? I follow your logic that a root canal treated tooth will still contain a certain degree of bacteria but I've also read that such amounts should be easily warded off by anyone with an average working immune system, and this seems like a reasonable assertion to me too. After all the body is loaded and covered with harmful bacteria which it normally deals with very well, no?

Again, I hope this doesn't cause any offence. I'm here to ask questions really, and as you say, make my own mind up. You seem to have a very good grip on the arguments against root canal treatment so seem to be a good person to ask![/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote