View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfaba View Post
Thanks, Mark. I really appreciate your advice as I try and figure myself out.

I should have said cognitive rest. I putter in the house, cook, take walks, talk to friends and read light, fluffy fiction. Screens are hard and my job is computer based.

I'm just curious if I'm doing more harm than good by pushing through part time work.
The fact that you are able to do chores around the house and some reading is a good sign. Sounds like the computer is what is bothering you the most.

Do you work in an office? The coming and going of people, lights and noise may also be affecting you. If workplace appropriate, consider noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses. Note: some people experience discomfort when wearing noise cancelling headphones.

If you haven't already, set the brightness to low (or zero if possible) and look into Flux which is a FREE desktop application that further tinkers with your monitor's settings.

Avoid multitasking and focus on one task at a time. Set your desktop background to a soft solid color such as grey.

If this becomes a long-term irritant, consider investing in a more appropriate monitor.

Last edited by cerebellarmaniac; 04-29-2015 at 10:44 PM.
cerebellarmaniac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aelfaba (04-30-2015)