View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I doubt an fMRI will be as much help as an NPA. You have as much likelihood of your problems to being due to alcohol as the trauma. So, ending alcohol is your best move now. The only way to tell if your condition is deteriorating is by having an NPA and another in 5 or 10 years or so. Deterioration progresses very slowly.
Becoming overly anxious about your health problem can haunt you in the long-run. A lot of people your age experience a crisis at this point in your life. I'm not trying to second guess you, I just want you to make sure there aren't any other stress causers in your life.

As Mark wisely mentioned, if you are extremely concerned about your neurological well-being, consider a neuro-psychological evaluation performed by a certified neuro-psychologist. They are quite expensive, but they are a good thing to consider if you are concerned about your mental fitness.

Avoid alcohol or any mind altering substance. Better yet eliminate them. Also, it is wise to avoid contact sports. If sports are a must, tone them down.

If you don't experience any problems reading, read lots of books.