View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Cyst Impinging Spinal Nerve Above Cervical Fusion, Now May Need Additional Fusion

Hi, I am new to this site... I had a triple cervical fusion (C4-5-6-7) 10 years ago. I was pain free for 8 years then started to have pain on left side of neck, shoulder, upper arm with severe headaches. For the past 2 years the pain has increased tremendously and now to the point I can't work An MRI and CAT scans show a cyst at the C3-4 facet joint that is impinging my spinal nerve with a mild C3 herniation. I have had multiple radio frequency injections that have not worked.
A neurosurgeon would like me to consider a steroid injection at the C3-4 facet joint if my bone scan (having this week) shows positive 'hot' at that facet joint. The only other option is an additional fusion of the C3-4 adjoining to the C4-7 existing fusion). Has anyone out there had to have an additional fusion to address issues above an existing cervical fusion? Did you do a post-terror or anterior approach? Results? Any insight or advice is much appreciated?
bluesky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote