View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 07:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Time for yet another progress report ..

On Monday 4/27, I added a methylated folate to the b vitamins I take, based on this posting by BlackFeather ..
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread219224.html

It has only been 4 days but I could tell my tremors are decreasing from it. I'm not sure I felt much more than reduced tremor except to say that I felt "smoother". This morning I tested for tremor (just holding my hands out looking for tremor) and I couldn't believe it .. zero tremor at first. I have had this little tremor thing for like a decade or more and it's getting under control!

So, a lot more progress!

Just an FYI, my B vitamin protocol from all these studies is ..
100 mg of vitamin B2 a day, taken in 3 parts during the day
50 mg of allithiamine a day, taken in the AM
3 mg of methylized folate (B9) a day, taken in 3 parts during the day
NO RED MEATS OR PORK (I still do fish and chicken)

In addition to the above I have been taking (I started way before this B vitamin thing .. most of them I have been taking for years) 2 grams of cinnamon, 4800 mg of Omega 3, a special form of CoQ10 with PQQ for mitochondrial health, and 4 grams of vitamin C with quercitan (another very strong anti oxidant from onions), and 5,000 mg of vitamin D3. These did not impact my PD symptoms and in fact were not taken for PD symptoms.

So if you haven't already, I urge you to give these B vitamins a chance.

BTW, while I've been on these b vitamins I also tried a high quality B complex vitamin for a few days. For reasons I cannot fully explain it made me feel pretty crappy. Perhaps too much B12 or niacin or something else? I don't know, but I know I'm not going to do that again. So perhaps more of everything is not better.

Next step is to increase the folate (B9) to 5 mg a day ..

Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited by BreezyRacer; 04-30-2015 at 07:50 AM.
BreezyRacer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote