View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 08:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sudden appearance of very high amounts of vision floaters - worried

Hey fellow forum members! How's it going?

Just a little update: I've made a tremendous progress recently, and my PCS is not nearly as bad as it was 3-4 months ago. I'm not completely healed, but I noticed a great improvement! I'm still anxious about getting hit on the head, but I started CBT and I hope it'll help. I always hope everyone here is making a progress towards healing!

Anyway, today I woke up and when I got out of the house I noticed a huge amount of floaters in my vision. It is scary, I've never had so many floaters. After getting my concussion, I would have a floater or two every couple of hours, but today I have so many floaters that it's terrifying.

Anywhere bright I'm looking at I see floaters. This doesn't stop and I see floaters nonstop when I go outside now. I literally see like 2-3 floaters EVERY SECOND, and I'm very worried.

I've read a few years ago that the back of the brain is where vision is controlled, and I really did notice a strong pain at the back of my head when I woke up today. Can I have somehow gotten a blow to the back of the head that triggered that?

Yesterday I was watching TV in bed and I was moving my head a lot on the pillow. I was pretty rough with my head and just pushed it into the pillow and moved it around to get comfortable. It did feel like something in the back of my head is shaking or something (not sure how to explain it), but I just ignored it and kept watching TV. I did not think for one second that it's dangerous.

And today suddenly, when I go out, I notice a crazy amount of floaters. This is absolutely terrifying - I've NEVER had seen so many floaters before. I cannot walk outside of my house right now without seeing floaters on the walls, on people stand nearby or pretty much on anything I look at. It's not as worse indoors because the brightness is lower.

Could it be a setback? Could the roughness with my head on the pillow caused a sub-concussive impact or something?

I'm asking this because I'm worried I did something serious that will compromise my ability to continue healing from PCS and/or worsen my situation. I wasn't worried about the fact that I moved my head on the pillow until I got these floaters.

When I've seen the floaters today I've just made a link between all the things - I see floaters, the vision center is at the back of the head, my back of the head really feels a bit weird, and yesterday I've seen TV and aggressively moved my head on the pillow.

So, could it be related? Did I do any damage? If not, why did these floaters suddenly appear today? I'm really worried

Thanks,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote