View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
[However, a sudden increase in floaters, possibly accompanied by light flashes or peripheral (side) vision loss, could indicate a retinal detachment. A retinal detachment occurs when any part of the retina, the eye’s light-sensitive tissue, is lifted or pulled from its normal position at the back wall of the eye.

A retinal detachment is a serious condition and should always be considered an emergency. If left untreated, it can lead to permanent visual impairment within two or three days or even blindness in the eye.

Those who experience a sudden increase in floaters, flashes of light in peripheral vision, or a loss of peripheral vision should have an eye care professional examine their eyes as soon as possible.]
https://www.nei.nih.gov/health/floaters/floaters
That sounds bad... Should I see a doctor tomorrow then?

Also, I looked for the possible causes for this and there's nothing there that applies to me. Can it be something else than a retinal detachment?

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote