View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Red or brown, or black spots, are blood. Blood will accompany a retinal detachment. It will also come from strokes in the retina (I had one when I was 50.... bleeds into the retina will bleed some into the vitreous humor. I did not have floaters with my stroke, just a huge purple (in daylight) blind spot, and hole in my night vision. I had an angiogram, which showed the vein which burst.

It cleared up on its own, and I have not had another. But I do watch my blood pressure carefully now.(and take a BP med).

Elevated blood pressure really affects the eyes. So that Ritalin should be monitored. If ProAgonist had thick mucus tears upon awakening that would be something else entirely. But we can't know for certain on the internet. He needs an exam.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote