View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 08:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Comfy feet

Hello Everyone! Before ever being told I have CRPS, I always obsessed over my feet. Being a mid-distance runner, this is not uncommon. I never thought much of my sock obsession or collection. In fact, one of my family and friends' favorite gifts from me to them is socks. But not just any socks. They are called " World's Softest Socks", and I think they are! They contain no cotton and wash well, as long a I add a healthy dose of fabric softener in there. They can be found at the Hanes,Bali,Playtex outlets or online and they come in all colors and even size 13 for men. To boot, they run large. Everyone I have ever given them to has asked for more. They have helped me enormously for running, and I am thinking that it is because of this condition that I have obsessed over them for years.
I also have use spence full-length arch support for added cushioning on the soles, but now found Softsoles that are even softer, without compromising the sturdier cushioning for weight-bearing. They have them at Famous Footwear.
I put these insoles into all my shoes I can fit into, now a dwindling subset of my entire collection. But wearing open-back clog style shoes helps. I can slip my shoes off discretely under tables when out -when I can manage to get out for an hour or two with friends. I also use Bean's toe warmers. They keep my frozen toes cozy and I put them on top of my socks on the top of my toes so it doesn't hurt to walk on them. Also, heated blankets! There is always one on my bed, and I supply them to my overnight guests in the guest room - they love it! There is also one downstairs in the living room so on my bad days, I can still sit in the middle of activity of my home (pets) and keep warm and cozy.
For slippers, I always buy them extra large, then add the Softsoles inside them. It really helps make home comfy when going barefoot is not an option.
Finally, Hubby and I have a "no shoe" policy in our home. Guests know to kick off their shoes at the door. Nobody even suspects that I cannot walk without slippers. They all just think we're nuts about cleanliness! : )
I hope these items help someone as I have seen suggestions here that I plan to try. Thank you!
Morgan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-09-2015), stillsmiling (08-08-2015), zinnia (11-27-2015)