View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Foot and leg numbness

Hi all,

I am hoping to find someone that has gone through what I am and has some advice.
So five weeks ago I noticed that it was hard to lift my foot up, and as that day and the next went by it slowly got worse to the point that if I am flat footed I cannot lift my foot upwards at all. The top of my foot is numb going up and to the side of my calf.
The first doctor I went to thought it was a pinched nerve, so they sent me for an MRI. I did have multiple herniated disks, but none that were severe enough to cause the numbness according to the doctor. The first spine and neurosurgeon I went to basically acted like I was faking it, so my primary referred me to another. This doctor believes it is not a pinched nerve, but peripheral neuropathy. I am having the leg nerve test done in two weeks (emc?Emg? something like that)

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I am 27 years old, no health problems aside from some stomach issues, and very active. I have been out of work and unable to drive, or walk on uneven ground without falling all over the place for 5 weeks now.

Now the muscles have been out of use for so long, when I get up in the morning my foot is so tight and does not want to bend up even with me putting pressure on it. The doctor said there is a danger of it getting stuck down like that.

I would love to hear anyone else's experience, and if I can do anything to help this issue. Thanks!
hailiesmom515 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote