Thread: Shocked
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 05:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Littlepaw, thank you for the insight into treating the neuromas. I'll have to ask about that and I see this doc Monday.
Have you had any neuromas removed? I heard they can grow back, but I have not heard that they get worse. I guess with any surgery, it is the surgeon who is the most important factor, as you said.
I'm sorry to hear that you used to be a runner too. I feel like a dog looking out the window at a big lawn, but not allowed to go play on it when I see a nice trail for running. Have you found any substitute for it? I have an elliptical, but it is still too much for my feet. I will surely try again. And then again. Have you found anything that can be as good a cv workout without using feet?
I am still not believing this is what the issue is, being that there are so many issues found in the scans. But my foot pain may be exceeding what is normal for what they found in them. At what point do you know for sure that CRPS is what the issue is? Pain is so subjective. If you were a runner, you must have also had a very high pain tolerance. At what point did you know it was a pain disorder? I guess I just can't believe this.
Thank you for your insights!
To the 2 nurses, I feel for you! One of my very close friends is a nurse and is having some psych issues. She said that there is such a stigma associated with "those" patients that she is afraid that someone may find out at work. It is such a challenging career that being in pain through a shift is overwhelming. I hope you can find a type of nursing that does not require all the hard physical work that is normally demanded of you.
Have a nice Friday everyone. : )
Morgan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote