View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 02:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BTW, I'm relatively new to this board, so hello everyone. I've been posting on another CD board for several years; our house has been GF for almost ten years. My DH has CD; I stay GF in the home and do most of the cooking and shopping. I really stopped in here today by accident, but decided to make a few posts.

Reactions are sooooo hard to nail down. We don't even always know if it's a reaction of something else! Of course, this is just my perspective.

I'd wonder why you only had one reaction, and not two if you ate it twice. I'm not at all saying that it's not gluten, or that you don't know your body, just that figuring it out can be really, really, really hard.

I have two different curry powders at home with no gluten. Without having the ingredients, you can't know. Buckwheat alone is fine. . .unless you are sensitive to it - some people are. For whatever reason, some people with CD just seem to be more sensitive to other grains, too.

I'd definitely find out what's in the curry before you use it again. Then, if you are sure the buckwheat you have is safe (as in not cc'd) I'd isolate the buckwheat and try it in a week or two, after this reaction is passed. Hope you figure it out. As you said, being GF is harder than it seems in the beginning, isn't it? The good news is that it really does get a LOT easier.
ViewAskew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote