View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
Thanks for the link to the older post and I agree with the original poster in that thread. I've learned to simply lay out the symptoms and don't go into anything else. This helps the doctor focus on the symptoms at hand.
I learned that the hard way, now that my pcp(she makes all these assumptions now) thinks its all mental problems, because im giving too much details(kaiser records and my symptoms around the time i suspected lyme). The opposite can also be true, giving too little details can result in a misdiagnosis. without a ct/ cat or MRI scan, its only going to be guessing game, scans can help rule out any structural defect, by it probably wont rule anything hormonal, immune related.
@Zatochi, you either are able to have a much more acute sense of smell, or you have a condition called phantonosmia or phantom smell, where you smell things that arnt actually there. People with head injuries have this as a common after effect. mine just sharply went from very good sense of smell, to basically so weak, its barelly registerable, and sometimes it goes too 99%, and stays around 10% at the max. it never goes to normal. Of course my neuropathy and loss of sensations is still here. its kinda freaky how you cant feel a full bladder or empty bladder "after you pee", or your stomach is empty, and you cant get that hunger feeling. Since this category is peripheral neuropathy, my symptoms could also be autonomic neuropathy as well, since it also involves myclonic and hypnic jerks, as well as unsual twitching. SINCE smell and taste are linked, my taste has been affected as well, because food has only a mild taste, if its a strongly flavored or aroma food.

My food poisoning couple days ago maybe a result of of my loss of smell, because i wouldnt be able to taste spoiled food.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote