View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:11 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylyne5 View Post
I tried it but it gave me a horrible hungover feeling which I didn't like at all, stuck with it for a month but it didn't help my pain either so stopped it.
I have awful ball of foot pain too and nothing so far has helped with that 😒
I appreciate everyone's comments on Cymbalta. After 4 years of reading stuff online, a lousy experience with gabapentin, etc, I feel like I'm in a decent place with my pains. Now I have a new GP who would like me to try Cymbalta instead of the Nortriptyline, but I'm more afraid to try it & have to get off (withdrawals) of it, because it doesn't work for me. I'm completely aware of the chance I might have to get off of the Tramadol someday, but I feel I'm doing OK right now. I've been grouchy, maybe due to the Nortriptyline, but feel less so, since taking the Tramadol, so maybe it helps in the emotional department. I guess the Drs feel they have to get you off a pain med.

Billylyne5: if you haven't already tried it, the Tramadol is very helpful to me for my ball of foot pain, and I am just taking a single dose (50mg or 100mg) in the AM. My ball of foot pain is only when I put pressure on my feet. The Dr acted like he didn't believe me that one dose lasts me all day. I can feel it wearing down, in the evening, though. Maybe it won't help all day, down the road. I also use NeuroCream (capsicain pepper) directly behind my toes & it helps with the feeling of a ragged piece of rope lying there behind the toes.

Thanks to all who've responded.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-08-2015)