Thread: Shocked
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Littlepaw,
Thank you for the exercise ideas. The heated pool is always a great feeling thing, isn't it? I'm sorry you've been through so many surgeries. You must be so happy to not be using crutches anymore. I think it's great that you are walking a mile a day! It may not be the "crazy hike" thing you used to do ; ). But it is a lot to do on hurting feet.
Thank you for the neurosurgeon link. I think I just about passed out from the pics they have posted on their home page though! Sheesh! My foot doc is definitely not on there. I am just giving this podiatrist a second chance. The first visit, he just said, " I looked at your tests and I don't know". He barely even examined my feet! But the doc who does my ultrasound neuroma steroid injections said to try him again. She was incredulous that he was so dismissive as she believes he is the best. He seems like a clown to me. But he has a last chance Monday and hubby will be there. Sometimes, I find it helps to have a line-backer looking fellow with me ahem, "encouraging" the doc to do his best.
; ). I guess having dismissive docs who downplay the severity of the pain is common. Having someone there to testify to the disabling effects of the pain seems to help. Have you heard of this with other people or experienced it yourself?
I have to schedule the second in the 3-part series of foot injections. The first set have already decreased the pain to about a 7 and it was just Wednesday that I had them. They don't seem to be shrinking permanently, but seem to come back 4 months later with a vengeance. I am thinking of the permanent surgery because the pain of getting them done is intolerable. Spine injections, I don't even flinch. But these neuromas a whole different animal. Do you have ideas for other options to get rid of the neuroma pain (or Morton's non-neuroma)? I am fine with surgery that leaves me with no feeling in my toes. Any ideas would be great since you clearly have more knowledge that this clown, I mean, podiatrist, who I see Monday. If he has no idea again Monday, he gets fired. Ohhh! I'm feeling like Donald Trump! : )
Although I'm not running a mile today, i AM going to the rabbit shelter where I volunteer to help with today's fundraiser.
Thank you for telling me that you are active and still run. You have really helped to inspire me and to give me hope that I will do that again too. I really appreciate your support and sharing of your knowledge. You are a great help!
I hope you have a great day and a great run. It is beautiful here in PA and I hope you are also having fabulous spring weather!
Morgan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote