View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 04:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm with Xil1 on this. Marijuana is one of the best medicines available, and replaces many other drugs in just one dose.

But Jarret is right, too... depending upon the variety and strain, mj CAN make pain worse. There are several varieties that cause the blood to pound in my veins, and those are a big no-no for me. Each person must find the type that works best for them, and the only way to do that is experimentation

The gov't tries to make mj sound so awful, yet they prescribe Marinol (synthetic THC) for me and my hubby. They won't let me grow my own, yet they'll happily make the taxpayers foot the bill for this expensive medicine. I should probably NOT get into what this does for my self-respect, either... taking a hand-out when I could easily grow my own meds.

IMO, it's the pharmaceutical companies that are dead-set against mj being legalized. There is no money in it for them, rather it will replace some meds that are the bread-and-butter of these companies. Imagine not needing Neurontin, Valium, Prilosec, Klonopin... the list is endless. I am proof positive that mj works. When I had it, I didn't need all those pills. When I could no longer get mj, I was right back on the meds. Not the particular ones I used as example above, but pills nonetheless. Too many pills... with all their side effects which require even more pills <sigh>

My mother has many health conditions, and she takes more drugs than anyone I have ever met. They have even led her into drug-induced Lupus, yay! One day, she asked me to smoke a joint with her... this was years ago... so of course I said yes.

She had the best day she had had in many years. Her pain was greatly reduced, and her nerves were settled. She seemed at peace for a change. To see her smiling and laughing, actually swinging her feet as we chatted... it made my heart swell. Then my father came into the picture. Well, that killed her good mood, made her ashamed of having been happy for a few short moments, and put her right back where she started. What a shame.

The final point for me is this: God created mj, man created pills... who do you trust more?

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote