View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah, I didn't go back to see that neuro. My headaches are often coupled with fatigue. Sometimes I just hit a mental block and feel like I am unable to think. I used to think this was correlated with the amount of cognitive stresses I was experiencing, but it is really quite random. This makes studying quite difficult sometimes.

It is also not even mostly about the coursework though. I missed almost all of my high school experiences, and I really want to try to enjoy university. I don't want to wake up with headaches, go to sleep with headaches, and isolate myself for four years. I feel like I have completely plateaued with my recovery and I no longer know what steps to take.

I don't want to be able to go drink and party hard and stuff, I just want to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures. Go to a movie, go out for dinner, those types of things. I want to be able to go to social events without worrying when someone bumps into me that I will have prolonged my recovery.

Mark, I find it quite difficult to gauge what activities are too risky and when I am being too protective with myself. This is partly because of the difference in my physicians opinions. How careful do you think I should be? Should I be avoiding things as simple as hugs and driving?

Thanks for the response!
PostConcussionMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote