View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16rhonda View Post
Hi Parbie
Sorry u had to go thru all you've been thru. Are u originally from Canada? I was wondering how long u had your sx bf u had your 1st tos/Pec minor surgery? Did u have an injury bf your sx started, like a car accident, etc.? There's a fairly new User (toslady) who also has a long thoracic nerve injury and is having a redo surgery w Dr D soon.
Looks like u had your last surgery in Canada did your insurance end up paying for it?

Best wishes w your new job and pain mgmt. Let me know if u find med w/o altering your mental state, as I too would like some what of a normal life back!
Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes, I am originally from Canada. I had my symptoms for about a year before my first surgery. I had an injury but from lifting weights. My long thoracic nerve has healed according to my last EMG in Canada, but I have had EMGs done incorrectly in the past so I am not so quick to trust the results. I did have my last surgery in Canada and yes because I am Canadian, it was fully covered. I received a message from toslady and recently answered some of her questions as well. I hope this helps!

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote