View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 11:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Post surgery please take time to heal. You dont want to add scar tissue.

I work on computers 24/7. Very stressful

However, I take a look around me & I see people with 5x worse posture, so its not the only thing & I remain hopeful I can fix things. My understanding is that its buffers - we guys used up our buffers so the fire alarm that is in the nervous system wont stop. Multiple crush syndrome.

Now let me work this the other way. If the body has a buffer wherein compression > certain level triggers pain, then if we take over the compression at other places, perhaps we can reverse the issue.

When I look back at my experiences and talking to knowledgeable members on this forum (chroma, smaug, jo*mar and many many others) who volunteer their information, I realize how many things are interconnected.

To explain - I accumulated even more injuries over the past two years to the point I was literally crippled all over. But as things go, I was too stupid to figure that out so I continued & what has surprised me is that what I thought was linear - TOS- > neck/shoulder issue alone - probably isn't. For instance, I am fairly convinced that bad posture from tight hip/calf muscles can accentuate compression at the shoulder/neck complex. So one has to fix things everywhere.

Regarding your concerns, if you are in the US, I believe you have disability provisos. I'd seriously suggest you take that (it should pay some bills and frankly, you were paying taxes so its society's responsibility that they pay some back to you and in turn you take the time to get better).

I don't have that where I am at. I work so as to pay off the stuff I have invested in looking for answers.

Please use that time you are not on work, to slowly but consistently explore for alternatives even post surgery. Alternative methods to relax your nervous system, which in turn will reflect on your muscles.

I was told for instance by the net/official .gov sites that accupuncture is nothing but placebo.. however each time I did try it, it had a noticeable effect on my muscle guarding.
High power TENS like system (InterX) made me happily go months without discomfort.

I sincerely believe (based on what I have seen), that the US is the place to be, to fix things like TOS. There are a multitude of options and some amazingly skilled PTs. Please be optimistic. I know you are going through a tough time (We are all in the same boat) but given your structural issues have been fixed, it might just be a bit of time to fix things.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote