Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I always love to hear improvement stories--

--for completely personal and selfish reasons, LOL.

I'm glad your autonomic symptoms have improved markedly. In a lot of acute onset neuropthies, the healing process recapitulates the damage process, such that what is last damaged is last to heal, and it can often feel like the original damage process; I always wondered if your autonomic symptoms were part of the process of your autnomic system attempting to re-wire itself after damage--damage you may not have noticed as much originally as you were dealing with all the OTHER symptoms. (Admittedly, this is more speculation than certainty.)

Thiamine deficiency can in some cases casue an acute neuropathy, but with the body-wide distribution of your symptoms I'd more likely suspect an autoimmune molecular mimicry process, too (especially since you did not seem to experience other symptoms of a fairly sudden thiamine loss, such as dementia/mental status changes or ataxia). Still, many times additions of appropriate supplements give our bodies more raw materials for healing, even if we were not technically deficient perviously. And if they reduce symptoms, they are well worth it.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote