View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Acupuncture has been very successful in calming my anxiety and lessening my fatigue. I have been having treatments every 2 weeks, sometimes a month apart for the last 3 years.

I don't know about the hows and whys of blood flow to the brain but my acupuncturist treats the whole body not just one specific part (like the brain). His therapy has kept me off anti-depressants and anxiety meds and now that I have been diagnosed with PTSD as well as PCS, he is tweaking his treatments accordingly.

Acupuncture works on a cumulative basis - so just going to one treatment will not be an accurate picture of whether it is going to be effective or not. For myself I noticed small improvements over time - 3 days anxiety free then 7 then 2 weeks eventually. For me, less anxiety means I have more energy and a reduction in my fatigue levels generally means less severe headaches. This is how accupuncture works for me.

For anybody thinking about trying accupuncture, you need to find the most highly qualified practitioner that you can. And be aware that every person does not get the same results - for some it doesn't work but for me, the results are amazing.
Estreetfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lyndianne (05-05-2015), Rick07a (05-04-2015)