Thread: Shocked
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Littlepaw,
Did you say kayak? Ohhhh! That sounds wonderful! What a great way to get your feet somewhat elevated and still get that awesome workout! Can I please join your gym? 😜. We do not have gyms here that offer that, but do have canoeing and kayaking on the Brandywine River here. How is hiking for you? Is it painful with each step? Or do you have it managed such that you feel it after the exercise? I want so much to be walking or hiking, but each step is an exercise in pain. If it is like that for you? How do you work through that?
Thank you for the link to the sneaker site. I am fine spending the money on shoes that will allow me to walk without pain, or at least reduce it. Are the sneakers you refer to the ones that look like each to is separate? I'm also not sure what a toe spreader is. I have my shoes so big so that there is a lot of room in the toe box. Any pressure on the foot causes pain. I have an extraordinarily high arch in my feet so that I am prone to issues if I don't get enough arch support. So it may be that I am predisposed to foot issues.
Do you or did you have neuromas too? You had surgery on your feet. Would you do that again, being that hind sight is 20/20? It had to be tough to be in crutches and stay off them after surgery. Did you actually do that? I am having trouble staying off mine. I always want to do stuff!
Thank you for your ideas on what to ask the doc tomorrow. I hope he has better insight this time.
I hope you are out and about, maybe on the water if you have good weather. I'll pretend I'm kayaking. : ). Have a great day, and I am saying prayers for your healing because miracles DO happen! : )
Morgan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote