View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 06:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have CRPS in my left arm/hand. The wind, even just that light breeze from walking is painful. I would not be able to survive without my "arm warmer". Sure, it's painful putting it on & taking it off, but I only do that to shower. The pair (but I only wear one) was only $11 on amazon. I even got pink . I started out with a soft sock & cut off the toes. It keeps my arm warm & saves me from the breeze, plus I can now wear clothes because the arm warmer didn't move around like clothes do (which also caused pain).

Other things I can't live without: a one touch can opener $15ish (another great amazon find), my one touch jar opener $10(again amazon). I HATE relying on someone else when I don't have to. Oh & ooohhh, I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's like a warming throw. It's small, but bigger than a heating pad, yet really soft & pliable like a blanket. I think this one was cost to $50, but worth every penny. Covers my entire arm & hand. LOVE it. I have to say it, but also amazon..... Guess I don't get out much, lol. The good thing is that I use amazon smile & go back & forth between two crps charities.

There's also this putty stuff you can get at a medical supply store that sits on the counter & you put the bottom of your medicine bottle in it & it holds it so you can get the lid off with just one hand. It was only like $5, I think it cost more for shipping, but it works so well & I really do hate having to make my family have to help, or wait for hubby to get home just to take my meds. I'm just not able to do it with my crps hand.

This are the things I just absolutely don't want to live without. Great question, by the way!

I also have a device that holds my hair dryer, but just don't really every have the energy to do my hair any more. But if I needed to, I could all by myself
CRPSmomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-09-2015), stillsmiling (08-08-2015)