View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
a pastor in London once told me to remember that "Faith looking at Fact reassures Feeling"

so true!!

thanks for posting that article Judy......good food for the spirit there
I like your Fact quote.

I find much of my thinking revolves around Romans Chapter 6. I think a lot about words like KNOW and KNOWING (6:3 - 6:9). And what it is that Paul wants me to KNOW, KNOW. Then I think about the meaning of RECKON or COUNT in 6:11. We are to look back at the FACT of our co-crucifixion and co-resurrection and how it is FACT that Christians are a completely new creation. Feelings may come later.

But lately I am thinking about Romans 6:13 where it uses the words YIELD (KJ) or PRESENT (NKJ, et. al). What are we to present? Everything! Our spirits, bodies and our soul which would include our mind, will and emotions. For me, I have had to learn to cry out and emote to God as I yield my emotions to him. This would include our sorrows, grief, anger, hurts, burdens. This would also include our imaginations. Sometimes, I imagine myself thinking of "You are my hiding place" and it is almost like God is inside me somewhere and hey HE is, right? Here is an illustration that I think helps me understand. Have you seen the movie Martin Luther produced fairly recently? Do you remember where Martin Luther would lay flat on the ground extending his body out and crying out to God, "save me." He wasn't refering to being born again but referring to God saving him from being tormented. What an illustration of yielding our body and soul and imagination to Him. I have even found it beneficial sometimes to duplicate Luther's practice except I usually say something like "God save me from _________ ." Then I put in that blank what is tormenting me, like "save me from depression" for example. Or "save me from bitterness" or whatever.

I do know that I cannot live the Christian life IN MY OWN STRENGTH. I find it best to think of yielding and depending on Christ as a 24 hour practice each day.

David
David is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote