View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
I have also been told that I don't have neuropathy. It seems that many neurologists just go by the physical symptoms found during their basic neurological exams, and tests such as EMG and MRI. Of course, for the most part, these exams only show things that indicate motor neuropathies. Do they not consider sensory neuropathies/SFN to be "real" neuropathies?? Perhaps because they primarily cause pain and may not result in physical disability??

I sure hope you can get some answers soon.
Theres probably hundred causes of neuropathy that cant be tested with our current understanding of neuropathies. I think alot of people confuse neuropathy with "depression", anxiety, issues, as you seen in this site, that is not the case. diabetes, injury(to the head) seems to be the most common, the most uncommon are something like sfn, autoimmune,cancer, which are not easily diagnosed. neuropathies are not easily diagnosed because, there many parts of your nervous system is involved, sometime like a disease or defect in a brain that results in neuropathy in your peripherial nerves is not easily "connect the dots", as direct damage to nerves is easily seen.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote