View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for updating us about your tooth infection.

The "clues" that you provided here were plenty to confirm the abscess and fracture were not "fixable" and fortunately you figured that out in spite of your dentist suggesting that you keep that tooth. Abscess and fracture are frequently found with root canaled teeth and just as you said, "root canals weaken the tooth".

Hopefully you will heal well with no further problems. Are you thinking of replacing your missing teeth on the bottom?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaluu View Post
I had the tooth extracted, seems there is a small fine crack/fracture on the root tip (inbetween the roots). so getting a root canal also weakens the tooth and also makes it brittle, just a great way to spend 1000 dollars, LOL it likely fractured shortly after having it done.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote