View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think someone may have already mentioned this, but have you looked into thoracic outlet syndrome? Being in Germany, I don't know if you would have access to a vascular surgeon who is knowledgeable about TOS to do a proper work-up. Regular neurologists or ortho docs don't know what to look for. You seem to have a combination of sensory and motor issues (much like me!) that do not have an easy explanation. It is horribly frustrating, I know. It is entirely possible that you won't find out one "true" cause of what is happening, and you may join the "idiopathic" club.

For me, it's gotten to the point that I was driving myself crazy trying to find answers, but all the dr.'s and tests weren't giving any. I'm actually laying off the search for awhile. Trying to eat a really healthy diet, doing gentle exercise and PT and willing my body to heal itself. Sounds New-Agey, but I'm trying to save my sanity!
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (05-04-2015), twitchwitch (05-04-2015), zkrp01 (05-04-2015)