Thread: Traveling
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Traveling

Hi all,

I know everyone is different and pain levels/management vary greatly.

To provide some info on my condition, I'll explain how I get
through the day.

My pain is in my feet, calves and backs of my thighs. I soak my feet and calves in ice water each morning before I go to work. This helps for most of the morning. Upon arriving at the office, I sit on soft ice packs under my thighs. I have to do this or I can't sit because it hurts too much. I have two pairs that I rotate thru the freezer. I leave work around 2 each day and go home to lie down for 30-60 minutes. This kind of rejuvenates me. When I get up, I again soak in ice water for about 1/2 an hour.

I take Gabapentin (1200 x 3 times a day) and 50 Tramadol X 2, plus 1 Norco in the evening.

Okay, now here's my question... In about a month, I have to take a 3 hour flight. The NSA website is unclear on whether I can take my ice packs to sit on. I'm over-thinking this whole thing, but the thought of being stuck in a plane for 3 hours in escalating pain is scaring the crud out of me.

I plan on consuming a large dose of edible m.j. right as I pull up to the airport, which should kick in about the time we board. Weed is my best pain killer, but even it won't numb the pain when I sit without ice.

Anyone have travel tips for me? Something amazing would be great!

Thanks!
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote