View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 05:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Peripheral Neuropathy Help!

Hello,

I have had crohns for almost 20 years, diagnosed when I was 13 yrs old. I have been through just about everything with this awful disease, from two surgerues to almost every drug on the market. I had a flare up this past January and was hospitalized. Apparently humira stopped working after 5 years on it. While in the hospital they started me on prednisone (20 mg 2x a day), flagyl, cipro, and entyvio. I was discharged and told to continue to take the steroid and the 2 antibiotics. The cipro was removed quickly as a I started to have bad symptoms but my GI told me to stay on the Flagyl (250 mg 2x a day) and the prednisone. About 4 weeks ago I stated to develop extreme pain in my feet. I would get shooting pain, numbness, tingling, and hyper sensitive to touch. To this day, the pain has gotten worse. It is extremely hard to walk and I can only sleep at night if I take Percocet. My GI referred me to a neurologist who hasn't said for certain it was because of the flagyl but he did do blood work and an EMG which were normal. He wants me to take a drug called Gabapentin 3 x a day at 300 mg each. I am afraid to take it as I have read some pretty nasty side effects.

I am basically reaching out for some help. I don't know to do. The more I read about neuropathy the more I get scared. I have read that it is irreversible if it was from flagyl. I can't imagine living like this forever as even walking is so very difficult. The pain, numbness, coldness, and needles are so bad I can barely stand up to work. Has anyone else experienced these kinds of issues? I welcome any advise! It has already been 4 weeks and I feel like it is getting worse !

Thanks for reading.
dman9271 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote