View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I disagree with the level of pushing. Instead, my suggestion is to learn to recognize those early signs that you are approaching your limit. Needing to reread a line of text, struggling to focus, and a myriad of other signs of fatigue are signals to take a short break. Just a few minutes break can make a big difference. Your brain does not heal/recover when it is needing to recover from pushing just a bit too hard. The goal is to maintain that level just shy of pushing too hard and as soon as you notice the tipping point, stop and take a break.

If your job is cognitively demanding, you will desperately need these skills when you return to work.

I have caffeine tablets in the cabinet. I occasionally need 1/2 of an 80 mg tablet to break through the slow processing. What stimulant did they suggest ? Are you taking it ? Many suggest limited use of stimulants, just to get started.

Your NPA show problems similar to mine. Did it say whether your memory issues are more visual or auditory or both ? How did those functions compare to your intellectual abilities ?

I am not surprised to hear the neuro thinks you may have had a pre-existing injury that got aggravated by your impact. I thought so too but was hesitant to make such a suggestion.

You might want to consider whether a cold hard return to work is best compared to a measured slower return to work. I take issue with those who set dates far in advance of evidence to support such dates. Goals are great but setting timelines without qualifying factors along the way tend to be problematic.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote