View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi dman,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not a fan of pharmaceuticals because, as you learned, you never know what can happen.

I can tell you this much about gabapentin, though. My neurologist is not a big pill pusher, and he was the one who prescribed it for me. When I later went to an integrative medicine doctor, and I told her I was taking gabapentin, she said, "Ok, don't be afraid of that one. Some of the newer ones are bad news."

I no longer take it because I just think I can do without for now, but after about a week's adjustment period, I had no noticeable side effects when I was taking it.

If you read through threads, you'll find a lot of suggestions for pain relief...Morton's Epsom Salt Lotion, Epsom salt baths, Lidocaine patches, etc..

Nerves can recover from injury and insult, so don't think you're doomed with this for life.

One suggestion I would have just on basic principal, high blood sugar is a well-documented insult on nerves, and not everyone with blood sugar issues is caught during normal screening. If you are prone to eating a lot of sugar and carbs, try to cut back.

Last edited by janieg; 05-05-2015 at 09:37 AM.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-06-2015), Joe Duffer (05-06-2015), SoftTalker (05-05-2015), zkrp01 (05-05-2015)