View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 09:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9271 View Post
Does it ever get better? That is what I am most concerned about. I can't imagine living the rest of my life like this.
Dman: Getting better is a relative term. You may or may not fully recover and be completely pain free. But, I think most people can find some level of relief, through some combination of diet, exercise, supplements, and medications.

PN is one of those things that you may have to work hard on to improve. Your doctor may not offer anything but medications to treat the pain. But if you do your research, both here and elsewhere, you can find a lot of information on how to improve your diet, get into an exercise routine, start taking some supplements to support circulation and nerve health. Some people find meditation, acupuncture, and other alternative therapies to be helpful. And, ultimately you may have to turn to medications. (It doesn't have to be forever, but you may need to control the pain while you search for other things that can help to reduce your symptoms or possibly even heal your damaged nerves.)
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-06-2015), Enna70 (05-05-2015), SoftTalker (05-05-2015), zkrp01 (05-06-2015)