View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

So sorry to hear what you are going through. I am new here, but not new to the use of Prednisone (taken for another autoimmune disease). The dose you are on (15mg) is not much, especially if it is holding your symptoms in check, but be aware that Prednisone is the opposite of drinking from the fountain of youth! It has an aging effect on many body systems. It sounds as though for now it is a necessary evil, but the goal should be to start on another med for MG in order to decrease and/or stop Prednisone. You may also want to talk to your doc about taking the 15mg every other day to see if you can remain stable on that and allow for your body to begin to produce its own cortisol. Sometimes the feeling of being hit by an MG truck is also the feeling of being hit by the decreasing Prednisone truck! The prednisone truck can be a big one, this is why docs often prescribe every other day when tapering someone who has been on it a long time ( over 3 months). I hope this has helped in some small way. My best to you!
calamityjoan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unsure81 (05-06-2015)