View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ? about worker's comp

I had a series of concussions and neck injuries at my job in California. After losing my ability to teach, or work at all, I came back to my home state in Oregon. I am on SSDI with an open worker's comp case and a lawyer who appears to roll over for WC. Since my return to Oregon I have found doctors who are actually helping

me. I have received a new diagnosis for ADD from the injuries, have paid out of pocket for the physical therapy and special glasses for my photosensitivity. My lawyer completely ignores any information from my doctors or my expenses and

everything seems to hinge on a few WC doctors who saw me for 4 hours a year ago. I find this incredulous but I can't get a response on why information from my doctors is not relevant to my case and ongoing care needs. Is this how California Worker's Comp operates or does it seem I have a lawyer who is unwilling to fight for me. And yes I have tried to talk to her about this but I get no straight answers.
Concussion and whiplash from getting hit by a semi truck. After partial recovery was on the receiving end of 3 concussions in a year. Two were within six weeks of each other. Master's degree teacher now on disability with limited lifestyle, trying to count my blessings

Eugene, Oregon
lyndianne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote