View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Hello all,
I am new to the site. I receive SSDI for mental disability, I just went through my 3 year review and got renewed, I do not work. My husband and I have been throwing the idea around about maybe living on a boat, in about a year. I am not sure where we would be sailing most of the time but sometimes may be out of the United States. I know there are some places where I would not be able to receive payments....I have a few questions I guess:
1- Would we be able to live/travel on a boat and still receive payments?
2- If so, how long would we be able to travel without getting in "trouble"?
3- Does anyone know of a doctor(s) that will Skype with me and still give me my medications without coming into an actual building?
Another question (not about a boat but other travel)
4- If we don't do the boat and decide to travel to say Mexico or South America by land (vehicle) do the rules change or is there a certain amount of time we can be gone before payments or benefits get stopped?

Any other helpful information is appreciated about traveling, medications, Skyping with doctors, etc. Thank you very much for your time.
North Korea. Cuba.

You must not have agoraphobia or any OCD or claustrophobia issues. I think it is a sign of improvement to be able to adjust to such radical lifestyle change.

How can any competent doctor assess your need for medication without seeing you in real life? Especially psych meds. Makes no sense to me.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote