View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9271 View Post
It is 11:30pm and I'm very depressed and in extreme pain. The shooting pain in my feet is unbearable. My feet feel as if I was running through snow barefoot while little needles prick me non stop. I have taken the gabapentin as prescribed (300 mg x 3 times per day). I took two Percocet about an hour ago hoping that would at least let me sleep. But no-nothing at all. No relief whatsoever. I can't lay down because the blankets touching my feet and ankles sends me screaming in pain. I have to be honest, I can't imagine living my life like this. I'm not saying I'm suicidial but extremely depressed and frustrated. What can I do to change this?

Thanks for reading my rant...
Hi there. My name is Melody. I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. My husband has had this for many years. In his case, he could not tolerate the neurontin or any other meds. What does help him is rubbing Menthol on his toes. For whatever reason, it eases the pain of neuropathy (in his case). He also uses vicks vaporub. He uses Bengay, he uses whatever contains menthol. He's tried the compound creams, the meds, nothing worked. What has worked for me (because I had diabetic neuropathy) is a supplement called Methyl B-12. I have taken it for about 8 years now. Go to puritan pride on the internet and click on Methyl B-12 and read all about how it can help nerves. I started with 1000 once a day on an empty stomach. I then began 5000 every day (no side effects whatsoever) No more burning or pins and needles. I'm sure Mrs. Doubtfire will come along and help you further. She's the best.

I'm sorry you are going through this. You are in a lot of company on this forum. Keep reading all the info and do searches. And please do look into Methyl B-12.

All the best, Melody
P.S. Don't know if this might help you but just today someone bought us the Shaquille O'neal's Smart Relief Tens Unit. Many people here use it for their neuropathy. Do a search on Tens Unit in the search option and you can read all their results. We just got it today and it wasn't purchased for neuropathy but for back pain. I have back and knee pain and my husband has SEVERE back pain. When I put it on him, (I didn't ramp it up high enough), he didn't feel the effects of the tens unit. When I used it on my back, Holy Moly, it did the trick. Later on I put it on my knee and it's the easiest thing to use. You just press the PLUS option to ramp it up, or you press the MINUS option to ramp it down. Do a search on youtube and you'll see the video on the Smart Relief Tens Unit. I can't believe that I was able to go to dinner and wear this thing and I had no knee pain. It shuts itself off in 30 minutes. Look into these things. You just might find some help

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-06-2015)