View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi dman,

I know you have been living with Crohn's for a heck of a long time, but has your Depression you mention been with you, or is it new with this horrible condition?

Depression is a serious side effect of Chronic Pain conditions, one which can rapidly escalate if ignored. It also has a very physical affect on the body, increasing pain by 1-2 points on a Pain Scale. Then it starts having detrimental effects on work and family life.

If you have not already done so, I urge you to speak to your GP about your mindset with your changing condition. I'm not saying to bung handfulls of ADs down your throat, perhaps a few chats with a Counsellor experienced in Chronic Pain Therapy will help you cope with a new 'normal'.

Of course, you have already found us - your peers - who are living the life and can share first-hand experience and there are many Forums across the Board where you will receive support.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-06-2015), canagirl (05-06-2015), KnowNothingJon (05-06-2015), MelodyL (05-06-2015), zkrp01 (05-06-2015)