View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

I am still working, just 2 days a week in case management, so it's an office job instead of killing myself as a nurse at the bedside. Who would have known it was a BAD choice of profession?! I am still raising kids; 2 teenagers.

I too, love animals. We have 2 dogs (a Lab & a Puggle), 2 cats and my younger dtr. has a guinea pig. All rescues, so I keep up with local rescues and try to help anyone who asks me to find a dog or cat. I love sitting outside and watching birds. Meadowlarks are my favorite; I love their song. And I am always on the lookout for great horned owls.

I used to be very big into gardening and moving things around, digging things up. I am transitioning to container gardening due to my limitations. I just love spring time and going to garden centers and just browsing.

One of my previous hobbies was cleaning! Loved to clean! Now I look around and see what I can still do and what I need to hire out. I loved painting rooms and rearranging furniture, shopping for home decor. This is harder now. Maybe tied to this--I love looking at virtual tours for homes that are for sale. I know more about the local real estate market than some realtors!

Netflix! I binge watch some days when I just can't do anything else. I love dark comedies--Breaking Bad is probably the best example of this. And I love all things British, BBC anything, and historical fiction from 16th-early 20th century England. The Cooking Channel and some forensic-file type reality shows.

Exercise in the form of focused PT and stretching is now taking up a good chunk of time. I'd hate to see what shape I'd be in if I didn't do this. Walking, usually with dogs. So, alot of start and stop walking!

Thanks for sharing, I'm getting new ideas! It's so important to keep our minds occupied on other things besides PN.
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.

Last edited by jenng; 05-06-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add info.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (05-06-2015), mrsD (05-07-2015)