View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMedsNow View Post
Hey Gerry,

I am on the Hinz Protocol and doing very well. Started last summer 2014 and I'm still tweaking my dose a little. It took about 5 or 6 months to get me to what I describe as a night and day difference from where I started. My current dose is as follows: 37 grams of Mucuna (about 15 tsp) divided into 6 doses every 3 hrs. 32 grams of Tyrosine (4 tbl) mixed in with my mucuna, so it's divided into 6 doses as well. 3 capsules 5-HTP and 6 capsules L-Cysteine per day. Plus some B6 and Folic Acid. As you can see I'm on the higher side of the dosing averages. There in lies the problem. The Mucuna cost is killing me. I found a good quality tyrosine source that's much cheaper. I use about 4 tubs of Mucuna (270G) a month that cost me almost $200 a tub after you figure in shipping. That's about $800 a month just for Mucuna. I know you are a retired pharmacist and you've been able to purchase yours directly for a much better price. There was a recent price increase, I'm not sure if you experienced that. What are you paying for your Mucuna these days? Do you have any ideas at all on how I can cut my costs? I also don't feel really comfortable having only one source for Mucuna. What if they went out of business or something crazy. This works so well and I feel so much better I could never go back to the old meds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael
Michael, you can get many suppliers @ alibaba.com of 40% Mucuna. There is a 25kg minimum which is dirt cheap compared to your current usage. 30USD$ per Kilogram x 25kg + F.O.B. About what your paying for a months supply.
badboy99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GerryW (05-06-2015)