View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Did I mention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9271 View Post
It is 11:30pm and I'm very depressed and in extreme pain. The shooting pain in my feet is unbearable. My feet feel as if I was running through snow barefoot while little needles prick me non stop. I have taken the gabapentin as prescribed (300 mg x 3 times per day). I took two Percocet about an hour ago hoping that would at least let me sleep. But no-nothing at all. No relief whatsoever. I can't lay down because the blankets touching my feet and ankles sends me screaming in pain. I have to be honest, I can't imagine living my life like this. I'm not saying I'm suicidial but extremely depressed and frustrated. What can I do to change this?

Thanks for reading my rant...
Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion was some relief in 15 minutes for me on my feet. The Gabapentin will have to build in your system so it may take a while to help. The Dr might increase the dosage also but you have to wait and see for that. I remember the state of panic that takes patience away. After the panic came a sence of loss that made me angry. Chronic pain can drive people to depression but IMHO it is too early to say that about you. You do need to tell your Dr. how much sleep you are managing to get. Your b-12 number needs to be above 400. I am still in a relationship w/sleeping pill Zolpidem. So rant on, many here to listen but none with quick fixes. Otherwise there would be no need for this forum. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-06-2015), KnowNothingJon (05-06-2015), MelodyL (05-06-2015)