View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I agree with Enna on not burning bridges, you do never know if you may need that doctor. But there are graceful ways out of treatment. You can always cancel a procedure saying you need to think it over, discuss with primary, or family, etc. Leave a message for the nurse to please let the doctor know you have decided to hold off. That way you are showing you are communicating and not non-compliant or failing to follow up. This really shouldn't be an issue. If it is then Wow!

On writing out medical history....speaking from the work experience end, right or wrong some doctors and their staff can take this as entrenchment in the illness, overly wrapped up patients, too complicated patients, etc. Etc. Some will immediately cringe, some may find it useful. I do agree it is helpful, especially when there IS a lot of history and the timeline can get confusing. If you decide to write something out (I have done so myself) keep it to bullet points of major diagnoses, injury, surgeries, procedures. Put the Dates and names of whatever it was without any detail. Current meds and dose, Drug allergies, discontinued meds if there were significant side effects. Without detail or subjective thoughts this can generally be done on one page and will be better received.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-06-2015), scubaforsythe (05-06-2015)